Hi

Ive been making some small bookmarks from a design/pattern from Designs By Sick now what is the best way to trim back the fabric before doing the final satin stitch border?

What do people use special scissors or?

Any help.tips much appreciated.

Tingha

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

That is a good question I would love to hear that answer also
Christine, there are special applique scissors you can use, however my machine came with a small pair of scissors that I use for trimming.  Most applique scissors are made for right-handed people, which doesn't work for me because I'm left-handed!   My mother-in-law likes baby scissors for trimming edges with.

Hi labeelady

Thank you for the reply I have small scissors but not quite doing the job so will certainly look for applique ones.

Guess like all things it comes with practice!

Happy New Year!

labeelady said:

Christine, there are special applique scissors you can use, however my machine came with a small pair of scissors that I use for trimming.  Most applique scissors are made for right-handed people, which doesn't work for me because I'm left-handed!   My mother-in-law likes baby scissors for trimming edges with.
I have a pair of applique scissors and it is nice around bigger areas but those small corners and such, they are worthless.  I still have to use the small scissors like baby scissors to get in there.

APPLIQUE SCISSORS CUT REAL CLOSE

FOR THE TIGHT SPOTS, SMALL EMBROIDERY THREAD SCISSORS

BARBARA said:

FOR THE TIGHT SPOTS, SMALL EMBROIDERY THREAD SCISSORS

I have the applique sissors also and go around with them but then trim them closer with a small pair of embroidery sissors to get those little parts that the applique sissors don't seem to get with the hoop in the way. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Shawn Knight.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service