In your opinion is is better to hoop or not to hoop and use a spray glue?
I think my designs pucker more with the no hoop, I can not seem to get them tight enough....................any suggestions on getting the hoop marked removed.

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I have figured out the basting method that is all I do. I hate that spray.
If you hoop the stablizer and baste the fabric to the stablizer. It works fairly well So if I use a sticky stablizer I place my fabric on it. I sometimes incorporate a frame into my embroidery pattern to hold everything in place. Some times if the pattern is too dense with stitches I take it into my PE design and eleminate some stitches to keep it from puckering.
Hi everyone,
I have avoided hooping,basting and spray gluing by using MagnaHoop.
It was an expensive investment but it has prooved itself worth it in the way it has made hooping so easy.
I got an extra set of magnets and they are sufficient to hold anything I have tried in even the 200mm x 300mm hoop, they are really powerful.
Anyone who does a lot of hooping would do well to invest in something like this - I haven't had any cause for complaint.
Sorry that this sounds a bit like an advert, but I am a very happy purchaser! (and I don't spend money easily LOL!)
It is always better to hoop the item if possible. If the item is too thick, like towels or sweatshirts, etc, you should use your fix/baste feature if you have one. Stitching a box around the design holds the item in place. If you don't have this feature, I have used pins to hold things in place, just be very careful with placement of the pins. HTH
Where did you get the extra set magnets? I would like to have an extra set.

motoandnutty said:
Hi everyone,
I have avoided hooping,basting and spray gluing by using MagnaHoop.
It was an expensive investment but it has prooved itself worth it in the way it has made hooping so easy.
I got an extra set of magnets and they are sufficient to hold anything I have tried in even the 200mm x 300mm hoop, they are really powerful.
Anyone who does a lot of hooping would do well to invest in something like this - I haven't had any cause for complaint.
Sorry that this sounds a bit like an advert, but I am a very happy purchaser! (and I don't spend money easily LOL!)
i never hoop anything that isn't plain cotton. I use 505 spray all the time and have had good results. I also use it to put the WSS on top of my towels. It does not leave anything on the towels. I never have any problesm and have not had to replace hoops in 4 years. i have 3 different embroidery machines, which I use often.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Shawn Knight.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service