Hi I am new here. A little bit about me. I am 45 and have been married to the most wonderful man for 27 years. I have two boys ages 26 and 21. I am a military brat. I have made 26 moves my whole life. This is my final move!!!! Lol I love to scrapbook! Photography is my passion. I have won several awards doing that. I also love to sew. My nana in England taught me to sew. I have not done any sewing for about 15 years or so. I used to make formal gowns for myself, clothes and costumes for my kids. My Nana, when she was younger earned the chance to make Prince Charles and his brothers and sister some clothes. I am very proud of that. Her work was beautiful. All hand work and tiny, even stitches. My Mother in law was a famous quilter. She was inducted into the Arizona quilters hall of fame just before she passed away. when we moved back here my hubby had a craft studio built for me in our backyard. But it still needs a bunch of work. Electricity, insulation, wallboard, and paint. On our trip back from living in Germany I purchased over $2000 worth of Ikea furniture for my studio!!! Lol But right now it is still in about 25 boxes taking space up in my husbands garage till we can get my studio finished. Haha We have a hobby lobby opening here in Feb so I am hoping to get hired on there so I can earn some money to finish it up.
My hubby just bought me a singer futura quintet machine for a late christmas present. Can not wait till I arrives this week!!! How easy is it to use? I have never used a sewing/embroidery machine. Any hints will be appreciated. Mine should be here this week!!!
Michelle

Views: 414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I am not mistaken, it is basically the same as the Huskvarna-Viking 600E.  I compared them and my HV 600E doesn't have the cutter for serging and yours probably has a CD for the program and mine has a dongle with the program and I don't have to start up my machine to do things other than sewing.  Now to the friendliness of the machine.  They are very user friendly but you don't get much of a manual to tell how to do digitizing.  I have learned to digitize and if a design (logo on Bus. Card) is too small, I use my scanner, camera or some means to get the design to fill the camera lens or enlarge it with the photo program if I scan it.  It may take several times to get exactly what you need, but then when my program is done putting it on the hoop on your computer screen, I enlarge it if I need to and use the tools to move the points around and I have been able to do quite well with this and some practice.  Otherwise, the machine is very user friendly and just be sure to read the manual before you get started.   Good luck...  our machines are made by the same company and not much difference in the operation.   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Shawn Knight.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service