Hi Ladies and Gents.  I have a question.  I'm new here, so please bear with me.

I have a Brother 8200 and I use PED 3.0  Reader/writer box to write my designs to my rewritable card to transfer to my machine.  (This machine uses the SA308 1mb card.)

I have looked at PE Basic, but that uses the SA309 card (4mb) and as I understand this card is not compatible with the 8200.

I am concerned that with Win 10 coming out I will no longer be able to use the PED V3.0.

I cannot afford a new machine.

How/what do you ladies/gents use to get your designs onto the card???

I hope I'm making myself clear.

Thank you all for any help/advice

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you received any private messages that answer this question?  I am also concerned about downloading Windows 10.  I use the Basic PED reader/writer with a simple upgrade.  As long as Windows 8 meets all my needs, I am staying with it.  I do not recognize your issues with the SA309 and SA308 cards.  My machine only needs the Brother blank card.  Although, it has been many years since I bought a new card.  I plan on looking up the statistics on your machine so that I might understand the question better.  I am surprised that there are no answers to your question.  I am also interested in the discussion and answer.

Hi LouLou -

No, I did not receive any answers. My problem is I use PED V3.0 with the reader writer box. This box uses the 1mb card. (Has a notepad and pencil on it.)
As I understand it the PE Basic uses the SA309 (4 mb card) (has blue/red squiggly lines and says brother) which will not work on the 8200 (or so I am told).

My hubby has Win 10 on his computer and we tried the PED v3.0 software on his machine and the program works. However, we have not had the time to test the physical reader/writer box.

As you can see, there are 2 different types of blank Brother cards. The first is what I need for my machine. The second will not work.

Hope this helps some what.

Thanks

Clareen

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 18, 2016, at 5:45 PM, Stitch Chat wrote:

LouLou replied to your discussion "Brother PC 8200 Question" on Stitch Chat

------------
Have you received any private messages that answer this question. I am also concerned about downloading Windows 10. I use the Basic PED reader/writer with a simple upgrade. As long as Windows 8 meets all my needs, I am staying with it. I do not recognize your issues with the SA309 and SA308 cards. My machine only needs the Brother blank card. Although, it has been many years since I bought a new card. I plan on looking up the statistics on your machine so that I might understand the question better. I am surprised that there are no answers to your question. I am also interested in the discussion and answer.
------------

To view the new reply, visit:
http://www.stitchchat.com/forum/topics/brother-pc-8200-question?com...

--
To stop following this discussion, go to:
http://www.stitchchat.com/forum/topics/brother-pc-8200-question?unf...

To control which emails you receive on Stitch Chat, go to:
http://www.stitchchat.com/profiles/profile/emailSettings?xg_source=...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Shawn Knight.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service